httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "fkater@googlemail.com" <fka...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: multiple processes: but one module init needed
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2009 09:35:52 GMT
fkater@googlemail.com:

> some of the initialization tasks of my module must not be
> done repeatedly with each spawned server process.

To be more precise: There is only *one* vhost/configuration
here, however, due to the mpm settings (see below) apache
launches *several* processes to serve it -- and this is the
issue I am addressing to:

<IfModule mpm_worker_module>
	StartServers		2
	#StartServers		1
</IfModule>

When I start just one server my module gets loaded with the
process once only, of course. However, when several
processes are launched, then the module gets called for all
(?) hooks several times.

I am trying to find a solution to distinguish between these
invocations of my module (to not do some of my module's
initialization tasks more than once).

 Felix