httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Roberts <vieuxt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A question about getting a module to handle a specific Location
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 23:24:14 GMT
On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps mod_atom shouldn't be the first time I ever try to use apache,
>> but I did:
> The doc implies that no Location container or other directives should
> be required, since the prefis is in the AtomPub directive.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Using AtomPub alone was my first attempt, but no luck.

This:

  LogLevel debug
  LoadModule atom_module libexec/apache2/mod_atom.so
  AtomPub /blogs /Users/sam/Documents/Blog/Atom "Blog Name" "Author Name"

Causes /Users/sam/Documents/Blog/Atom to come into existence:

  [Sun Jan 18 15:05:02 2009] [info] Publication 'Blog Name' at
'/blogs' successfully loaded!

(and I can see the  tree created as described in Tim's architecture docs)

But attempting to access http://ensemble/blogs gives 404:

  *** /var/log/apache2/access_log ***
fe80::203:93ff:fead:88c - - [18/Jan/2009:15:05:39 -0800] "GET /blogs
HTTP/1.1" 404 203

I'm running the Apache from the latest OS X. It has:

  Include /private/etc/apache2/other/*.conf

so I put my configuration in /etc/apache2/other/atom.conf. Maybe the
rest of the default config is interfering somehow?

Or maybe mod_atom just doesn't work as advertised. :-(

Cheers,
Sam

--
Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum,
iudicium difficile.