httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From John David Duncan <...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Why is r->handler a garbled string?
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:10:56 GMT
> You may be looking at something getting clobbered, and somehow that
> manifests itself on OpenSolaris but not on the other platform(s).
> Perhaps that has to do with the way data structures are aligned,
> endianness (are you on Sparc or Intel?) etc.
>
> Perhaps set some breakpoints and see if the handler field is ever
> intact and where it gets clobbered.

In the SUNWapch22 package on OpenSolaris 2008.11, httpd 2.2.9 is
stripped, so I can't do much with the debugger.

But when I build my own apache 2.2.9 with debugging symbols (configure
--with-included-apr --enable-maintainer-mode), I can't reproduce the
problem.

(And I think I have seen this same problem on amd64 Ubuntu, but I
still need to confirm that...)

JD