httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jayasingh Samuel <jayasingh.sam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Load memory dyanamically using handler.
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 05:00:53 GMT

I have 100's of files stored in different directories and i load all these in the memory in
arrays and hash table. and i want to reload the memory automatically using some handlers.
When i do this in only the particular child thread is having the updated one and the other
request are showing me the old Datas.

1. The shared memory to store all the 100's of files in array and hash table which is dynamically
malloced and stored will be too costly also the synchronization.
IS there any other way we can overcome this.

2. Is there any way a handler can directly access the  parent process, updating the memory
and removing the child process which has the old Data and spawning the new child process.
Can we use the mod_balancing technique of blocking the request to the server and then update
the parent and kill the child and spawn new childrens with the updated memory.

Please guide me with you ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Jaysingh.

Search for videos of Bollywood, Hollywood, Mollywood and every other wood, only on Live.com
http://www.live.com/?scope=video&form=MICOAL