httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject internal redirect
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 17:52:29 GMT
I thought I had seen a way to do an internal redirect in a module such
that the browser would never be the wiser.  Is there?  If so, how do I
do it?

The reason is that I have coded myself into a hole.  I have a kiosk
based system using Apache as the server and a custom application that
wraps the IE7 WebControl as the client.  I have made changes to both
client and server that checks the versions of both and makes sure they
are in sync.  The in the module is done in the access checker hook.
Right now I am using the standard HTML Location header to redirect to
the error page.  The problem I have is that the client that is in the
field sees that as an error and displays my almost useless error box
to my customer, not a nice web page to inform them to upgrade the
client.

So the question is:  Within the access checker hook, how can I change
the URL for this request so the browser sees a successful request but
gets a different page?

Sam