httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why is r->handler a garbled string?
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 06:00:41 GMT

On Dec 29, 2008, at 9:28 PM, John David Duncan wrote:

>> Interesting.  What's your locale?  echo $LANG in the shell that
>> starts Apache?
>

> It's en_US.UTF-8 on both of those machines.

Yeah, that seems to be the default on my Mac.

> I also just tried starting apache on the Solaris machine with LANG
> unset, but that didn't make a difference.

You may be looking at something getting clobbered, and somehow that
manifests itself on OpenSolaris but not on the other platform(s).
Perhaps that has to do with the way data structures are aligned,
endianness (are you on Sparc or Intel?) etc.

Perhaps set some breakpoints and see if the handler field is ever
intact and where it gets clobbered.

S.

--
Sander Temme