httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrej van der Zee" <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: process initialisation in prefork-MPM
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:18:11 GMT
Hi,

> Global variables are fine if your module will never run multithreaded, or
> you won't write to the data structures from any potentially threaded
> situation.
>
> If you want to be able to run multithreaded, you can mutex access to the
> globals.  If you want to decide at runtime, you can find out if you're
> threaded using ap_mpm_query().

Thanks, that is clear.

The thing is that in case of a worker-MPM I need to do initialisation
for every thread: Right after a worker thread is created, I need to do
a one-time initialisation for that thread. Though, I understood that
child_init() hooks after process-creation instead. Is there a way to
hook after thread-creation?

Cheers,
Andrej