httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivan Ristic" <ivan.ris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reading request body an writing it back to the chain
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:10:59 GMT
You can look at how ModSecurity (http://www.modsecurity.org) does it:
you can read the request body and store it somewhere, then you insert
and input filter that sends data from the buffer down the chain and
removes itself from the chain once it's done.

You can choose where you're reading the request body. In a pure-filter
approach you will read it on the first invocation. Alternatively, you
can read it in a hook, but store it somewhere where your filter will
find it. In the latter case, the purpose of the filter will be only to
pass on the data in your buffer.

By the way, ModSecurity can already do what you're describing.

--
Ivan Ristic