httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ralf Mattes ...@seid-online.de>
Subject Re: Config File Lines not ASCII?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 20:17:21 GMT
On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 10:41 -0800, Brian McQueen wrote:
> I find that I can't put ascii escape characters into lines in the
> config file - even if I read the out with AP_INIT_RAW_ARGS.

I think you need to tell us what you mean by "ascii escape characters" -
the character with the bit representation 0011011?

> To be more specific, I can put it in the config file, but when I put
> "\n" in the config file and use it elsewhere, I find that its two
> characters, '\' and 'n'.

Hmm, "\n" is a string ...
> How can I pass in ascii escape sequencecs?

Where did you get the impression that ascii attaches meaning to the
backslash? That's a jolly ol' C-thing (that java and similar languages
happily copy).

> What is happening to these strings?

Nothing - bat that seems to be expected.

 HTH Ralf Mattes