httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Howto implement a new algorithm scheduler in mod_proxy_balancer
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 04:01:17 GMT

On Oct 25, 2008, at 7:57 PM, ricardo13 wrote:

> I will build a scheduler that receive a little message from cluster.
> At
> cluster, there is a process that send messages about CPU.

Like an SNMP agent?  That way you wouldn't have to re-invent the wheel.

> Then the server I need to build a separate program that receives that
> message and passes to the apache.
>
> Can I use socket to communicate external process with apache ??? Or
> shared
> memory ??

You can set up a shared memory area from your Apache server and have
your monitoring process access that as well.  Whether you have that be
an external program or something forked from the httpd parent doesn't
matter, as long as they (are allowed to) attach to the same shared
memory segment.

S.

--
Sander Temme