httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Poeml <>
Subject Re: parsing querystring parameters
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 22:58:03 GMT
Hi Jason,

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 05:48:58PM -0500, Jason Fister wrote:
> is there an apr utility function that would let me extract the values of
> querystring variables by specifying the variable name. For e.g. if my
> querysting is something like
> ?key1=val1&key2=val2&key3=val3
> is there a function which takes in key1 as the input and returns val1?
> Jason

There is no direct shortcut function in apr, as far as I know, unless
you want to parse the string manually. IMO, the most convenient method
to do this is to use mod_form's form_value() function. You'll find it at You could look at
to see the way that I am using it. Just search for 'form' there.

Contact: (a.k.a.
         #opensuse-mirrors on
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development