httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Houser, Rick" <Houser.R...@aoins.com>
Subject RE: Howto implement a new algorithm scheduler in mod_proxy_balancer
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:13:12 GMT
part #2 sounds more like the kind of a task you would want to use at
least an external process, if not a separate physical machine for.
Basically, you are looking for an intelligent load balancer, correct?

Thanks,

Rick Houser
Auto-Owners Insurance
Systems Support
(517)703-2580

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Jagielski [mailto:jim@jaguNET.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:58 PM
To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Howto implement a new algorithm scheduler in
mod_proxy_balancer

Sounds like 2 questions there: (1) is there anyway to create some sort
of scheduler that does periodic functions and (2) how to obtain external
server info (like CPU, etc...).

Re #1: Under 2.2, there is a monitor hook, but it is pretty limited.
Best thing is to create an external process which runs separately and
adjusts shared memory data.

Re #2: It ain't trivial.