httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Houser, Rick" <Houser.R...@aoins.com>
Subject RE: Wrapping an existing hook (2.0)
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:18:26 GMT
Whether this is actually correct or not (remember, I'm a newbie Apache
module programmer), I had assumed the correct behavior would be to
handle the password reset logic in a separate phase (or at least a
second call within the same phase) to allow other modules a chance to
catch the result in-between.  So, I was expecting something like a
DECLINED from the check_user_id phase with a request note indicating an
expired password, which would then be read and the password reset logic
handled via a second hook in a later phase.

Even if I could successfully make a case for IBM to add this
functionality, it would take a long time (likely months) to get the
updated functionality.  I really like the current solution of trapping
the entire check_user_id phase, and manipulating the results after the
saf module take's it's turn.  It certainly wouldn't run as fast as just
replacing the saf module's call with my own, but it's certainly
effective.

Thank you as well, Eric,

Rick Houser
Auto-Owners Insurance