httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Houser, Rick" <Houser.R...@aoins.com>
Subject Wrapping an existing hook (2.0)
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 15:11:07 GMT
I'm relatively new to module development, but I have a need to wrap a
function in a proprietary module (no source) registered via a
check_user_id hook in a proprietary module (mod_auth_saf).  Basically, I
need to detect an expired password condition.  I've already tried to use
the normal pre/post hook registration, but that function returns an
HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED (some internal basic auth password change feature)
instead of DECLINE, so Apache never runs my call.

I think my best option is to locate the check_user_id function pointer
and replace it with a new function.  This new function would still make
the call to the proprietary function, but would allow inspection of the
results instead of terminating the request.

Does this sound reasonable?  Any hints as to how I could obtain the
function pointer I'd need to make this all work?

Thanks,

Rick Houser
Auto-Owners Insurance
Systems Support