httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrej van der Zee" <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_dbd and prepared statements (httpd-2.2.9)
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 06:56:16 GMT
Hi,

* apr_dbd_pvquery is only for string values.

>  You must use apr_dbd_pvbquery (with a "b") for binary values.
>
>  see:
> http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/1.3/group___a_p_r___util___d_b_d.html

I tried both versions, but without success. But that was because I did not
pass pointers to float obviously.

* You don't pass a float value directly - %f takes a *pointer* to a float.

O yes, thank you! That did the trick. I definitely missed this in the
documentation. Is it there?

* It is best not to call ap_dbd_prepare and ap_dbd_acquire directly.

>  You should populate your own function pointers at config time using
> APR_RETRIEVE_OPTIONAL_FN.
>
>  If APR_RETRIEVE_OPTIONAL_FN gives you NULL pointers, that means that
> mod_dbd is not loaded.

I have no problems with calling these function directly. If mod_dbd is not
loaded, Apache simply does not start. But it does impose a restriction on
the order that the modules are loaded.

Thank alot!
Andrej