httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrej van der Zee" <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_dbd and prepared statements (httpd-2.2.9)
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2008 15:39:37 GMT
Hi,

You call ap_dbd_prepare from prep_stmt_config_set_prep_stmt_on. This
> function is called during the conf parsing phase when there are no
> apache children processes. cmd->server refers to the server structure
> of the root apache process (the parent of all future apache children).
> Then the apr_dbd_pvquery is called from an apache child process, in
> which the server structure is not the same as the one you passed to
> ap_dbd_prepare. As I have never worked with mod_dbd, I do not know if
> this can cause a crash. If your mini-module is inspired from a
> text-book or some working example, then my hunch is wrong.

It looked like a strange place for preparing a statement to me too, but I
copied it from mod_authn_dbd.c distributed with the httpd-2.2.9 sources.
Also, when I use a varchar instead of numeric database columns, it works as
expected.

Cheers,
Andrej