httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrej van der Zee" <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject mod_dbd/apr_dbd and "Commands out of sync"
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:51:18 GMT
Hi,

I am using mod_dbd for the first time and get into trouble when I
execute the following in sequence:

1) do an INSERT
2) do a SELECT
3) do another INSERT

On 3) I get the error "Commands out of sync; you can't run this
command now". This is what MySQL sais:

"If you get Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now in
your client code, you are calling client functions in the wrong order.

This can happen, for example, if you are using mysql_use_result() and
try to execute a new query before you have called mysql_free_result().
It can also happen if you try to execute two queries that return data
without calling mysql_use_result() or mysql_store_result() in between.
"

I went through all the apr_dbd_XXX functions in
apr-util/include/apr_dbd.h but could not find any way to free a result
after 2). How should I deal with this issue?

Cheers,
Andrej