httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Howto implement a new algorithm scheduler in mod_proxy_balancer
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:58:05 GMT
Sounds like 2 questions there: (1) is there anyway to create
some sort of scheduler that does periodic functions and (2) how
to obtain external server info (like CPU, etc...).

Re #1: Under 2.2, there is a monitor hook, but it is pretty
limited. Best thing is to create an external process which
runs separately and adjusts shared memory data.

Re #2: It ain't trivial.