httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Fister" <jasonfis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'Expect' HTTP Header
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 21:16:15 GMT
Thanks for your response.

> AIUI: In your handler, you ask the input filters for the body.  If the
> client is expecting 100-continue, the HTTP input filter takes care of
> responding to it.

I use

ap_setup_client_block
ap_should_client_block(req)
ap_get_client_block

to get the request body.

But before I get to that stage, I want to process the HTTP headers to see if
I want to continue accepting the rest of the request. If yes, I want to
respond with a 100 Continue status. Will apache automatically send 100
Continue response to the client as soon as I set req->status =
HTTP_CONTINUE, wait and resume processing when the client starts sending the
rest of the request?

> see ap_http_filter() in modules/http/http_filters.c
>
> You could probably short-circuit the regular processing (but not in an
> API friendly way).

I will take a look at the file that you have mentioned.

Thanks again.