httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From John Hosie <apache.br...@live.com>
Subject Want to get started...what do I need?
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 13:34:13 GMT
I'm new to this list. I've got lots of background in Unix and C and a fair background in web-based
development. But I haven't really done any Apache modules before. I've got a task of taking
old application written in Server Side JavaScript (SSJS) running on a NetScape 4.x server
on HP-UX, and making it run in C on an Apache server. The SSJS has been converted already
to C/C++ using NSAPI. This runs both on Linux and HP-UX. But because we're targeting Linux
servers, the target web server OS will be Linux - Red Hat Enterprise 5 Advanced Server. Current
development environment I have to work with is Cygwin. There is also a Linux server I have
access to for now, which I am assuming is different from the development server we're expecting
in a couple of weeks. "uname -r" yields:
2.6.9-55.0.2.ELsmp
That all said, I need to know what I need to get started. Cygwin packaging to start with would
be nice. Sample base module code would be great.

I also will need to know what packages will need to be put on the Red Hat development environment.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great.
Get more from your digital life.  Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home2_082008