httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From John Hosie <apache.br...@live.com>
Subject RE: Apache Version
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:54:56 GMT
Planned deployment platform is Red Hat Enterprise 5 Advanced.

> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:06:27 -0500> From: wrowe@rowe-clan.net> To: modules-dev@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Apache Version> > John Hosie wrote:> > OK. I know there are good
things about each. But in this day, is Apache 2 yet "ready for prime time"? Or are we best
still using one of the flavors of Apache 1?> > Just based on your sig, I'd guess perhaps
you are deploying on Windows?> If that's the case, 1.3 was never truly "ready for prime
time" as it's> unix cousins were. You needed to have dumped 1.3 on windows some years>
ago for Apache 2.0 (and now, 2.2), which is much more particular about> honoring the case
insensitive file names, handling filename aliases and> many other quirks of executing on
win32 platforms.> > Most of these required the server to be designed from the ground
up with> threading, filesystems and so forth in mind, which is what 2.0 was.
Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/