httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From John Zhang <john_zzh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Can you set the request timeout dynamically within a module?
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 20:47:30 GMT
Hi Everyone,
    We have an output filter.  Some requests take a "VERY" long time for the filter to process
(I know many of you have questions here.  But the logic is in the page).  We would like to
know if there is a way for the module (our output filter) to tell apache to not terminate
"THIS" request.  We do not want to increase the default timeout.

   I looked at the server_rec struct, it has a timeout member (default = 300 secs, yes this
is a very long time).  Is this the one that controls the request timeout? If yes, I guess
it controls every request.  And is it a good idea for a request to change the server_rec struct?
 Even if it is OK to change it, will it take affect for the current request?

  Or I am looking at a wrong place/parameter.

Thanks in advance!
John