httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Ingram <d...@dmi.me.uk>
Subject Re: Configuration file templating
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:26:57 GMT
Hi Albert,

> Its not a module, but I've been working on a generic configuration
> file templating system to be powered by a variety of data sources,
> including SQL. You might enjoy checking it out:
>
> http://www.hypermagnet.com/

Thanks for the information and link - I'll definitely have a look and
see if it serves my needs. At the moment, I use a set of scripts to
auto-generate the Apache configuration files (and for other things, like
BIND) and then to poke the daemons with SIGHUP (or equivalent) to
reload. I know BIND can be patched to read directly from a database --
I'd just prefer to skip the configuration file generation step for
Apache too if I can, while still maintaining flexibility :-)

If anyone's interested, I've put some preliminary information in a blog
post:
http://www.daveingram.me.uk/blog/2008/08/13/modules-for-apache-and-php/

Comments and criticisms welcome!

Thanks,