httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Ingram <d...@dmi.me.uk>
Subject Configuration file templating
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:37:08 GMT
All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any modules for configuration file
templating? I know there are some specific ones for virtual hosting, and
I know that there is mod_macro for other templating - but are there any
others that exist?

The reason I ask is that I'm planning on creating a templating module
that works via SQL queries, so that a configuration database can be
updated and Apache gracefully restarted to pick up the new
configuration. This module (mod_sqltemplate perhaps) would be as simple
and flexible as possible, and would of course be released to the
community under a BSD-style licence.

Obviously, I want to avoid re-inventing the wheel and save myself some
work if this has already been done! :-)

Thanks,

Dave Ingram