httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Packaging
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:21:56 GMT
Usually, rpm's are divided into base and -devel, that -devel package is
generally your headers, libs and any build support files.

$ yum list httpd\*
Installed Packages
httpd.i386                               2.2.9-1.fc8            installed
httpd-devel.i386                         2.2.9-1.fc8            installed
httpd-manual.i386                        2.2.9-1.fc8            installed
httpd-tools.i386                         2.2.9-1.fc8            installed

In this case, you may or may not need -tools, it depends on where redhat
packagers parked the apxs script.  If you find it in -devel, great(!).

$ man apxs

for more info.