httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From <Steven.M...@dlr.de>
Subject Testing modules using Python
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 14:27:58 GMT
Hi,
I want to unit test my module (catacomb.tigris.org) using Python. My
idea is to load the module with ctypes (a python module that allows to
load functions from shared libraries into python) and test it in this
environment. The main advantage is that it's much easier to create
mock-up objects in Python than in C. My problem is that ctypes fails if
the shared library contains any undefined symbols. Because the module is
used normally together with a httpd server,
there're a lot of undefined symbols. My solution is to link libapr,
libaprutil, libexpat and libmysql statically in my module and to add a
file with the definitions of the apache-internal functions (just copy
and paste from httpd source). With every function which I copy in this
file I get a few new undefined symbols. All in all it's a pain to search
all definitions and I probably have to do this again after adding new
features which uses other functionalities.

Is there an easier way to do this? To build a module which includes all
needed links to apache functions without linking the needed libraries
statically and copy-and-paste functions from apache source? Or do you
know a better way to do this?

Steven

Steven Mohr
Bachelor student

DLR (German Aerospace Center),
Simulation and Software Technology
Linder Hoehe, 51147 Cologne, Germany
voice: +49 2203 601 2956  fax: +49 2203 601 3070
eMail: steven.mohr at dlr.de      http://www.dlr.de/sc