httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Ernst Jan Plugge" <...@dds.nl>
Subject Re: Packaging
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:58:52 GMT
On RPM based systems like Red Hat, you install httpd-devel and by the time
all dependencies are installed you have enough to build Apache modules.
httpd-devel will pull in the complete GCC tool chain, APR headers, C
library headers, and other dependencies, if you use a tool like yum that
will resolve these dependencies for you. If your module needs additional
libraries/tools they need to be installed, of course, along with their
"-devel" modules for header files and such.

Some RPM based systems need "apache-devel" instead of "httpd-devel", but I
think Red Hat has been calling the Apache module httpd for a long time
now.

EJ