httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Morris <supp...@bettercgi.com>
Subject Re: Configure Domain & Subdomain
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 03:09:01 GMT
> 1) How can I configure it so that it runs with a
> URL like abc.com

 See the documentation.  If you need screen shots
and much and holding, see Google.

> I should not have to add a new entry in config
> files to add a new subdomain.

  See your web hosting company.  If you're not
comfortable editing a text file and refuse to
learn, you WILL not be able to run a secure server
that works well and you DO need to spend the
$12 / month to have someone else do it for you.
If you insist on running an insecure system,
Google Apache GUI. Specifically see Webmin.

   Also there are least four points in this
document that should be helpful to you:
http://bettercgi.com/gpl/smart-questions.html
--
Ray B. Morris