httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Fister" <jasonfis...@gmail.com>
Subject ap_get_client_block vs bucket brigades
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:06:25 GMT
Hello there,

I have a module thats working as designed and the only reason I am sending
this mail is because I want to confirm what I am doing is the correct way to
do it.

A little background:

We wanted to convert some legacy services to REST webservice. Clients can
upload and retrieve data using this service. So I wrote an apache module
that can be accessed at http://www.mydomain.com/rest/<resource>.

Clients can POST, PUT, GET to this uri. I use ap_get_client_block to read
the http body in case of POST and PUT. I know when we use the
ap_get_client_block method to read the data, the data is not available that
point onwards to any other filter/module and that is totally fine. Thats
because when the uri has '/rest' in it, the data is meant for my module.

I have been doing some online reading and now I am wondering if I shld have
used  buckets/brigades in my module.

1. Is my approach totally wrong?
2. Will the use of bucket brigades have a positive impact on the
performance?

Your help in understanding this issue is much appreciated.

Jason