httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: module initialisation
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 21:48:29 GMT
On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 23:19:03 +0200
"Sorin Manolache" <sorinm@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I do an "/etc/init.d/apache2 reload", the post_config hook is
> executed again (as expected), but seg is NULL again and I create yet
> another shared memory segment.

Reload isn't an apache term.  It's your package's alias for something,
probably a graceful restart.

If your module creates a resource (like a shm segment), it should
register a pool cleanup on the resource at the same time.
http://www.apachetutor.org/dev/pools

> What's the solution to my problem, namely module initialisation that
> is persistent across apache reloads?

Your module will need to reference something external, as it would to
implement persistence over a server restart.  See for example SQL-based
configuration modules.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/