httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Manfred Rebentisch <mrebenti...@comparat.de>
Subject Module-Restart and Library-Reload
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 07:07:00 GMT
I have two questions in conjunction with my handler-module:

A) The module does use other shared libraries (on linux, *.so) for plugins /
functionality. Is it possible to reload such a shared library (after software
changes and placing a new version) without restart of apache?

B) The module loads for a virtual host an application library (shared lib on
linux). On Apache-Restart the library is loaded and also for each library the
module creates a Shared Memory segment. How can can I reload an application
library for a virtual host without restart the whole apache? Is that
possible?

Thank you for your suggestion

Manfred