httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From ed <ed-h...@s5h.net>
Subject Re: Send mail with Apache
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 18:07:20 GMT
On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 18:42:48 +0200
Samuel Gomez <e6973591@est.fib.upc.edu> wrote:

> Is there any way of sending e-mail with Apache?
>
> For example, how are mails sent when the ServerAdmin directive (
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#serveradmin ) is used?
>
> I was looking around the code but I wasn't able to find when this
> data is used to compose and send a mail.

Well, with Apache itself, I don't think there's a routine, since mail
is implemented differently on different platforms.

I cannot think of a method to deliver mail on a Windows system, mainly
because it's not got that orientation, first one has to buy exchange ...

Anyway, probably the most likely method is to open a pipe
to /usr/lib/sendmail or /usr/sbin/sendmail, whatever your religion,
then write mail to it.