httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject setting cookies & ap_hook_check_user_id vs ap_hook_auth_checker
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 01:42:25 GMT
I am looking for an example of setting a cookie in an apache module.
I found mod_auth_memcookie, but it only reads in cookies, it looks
like it relies on the php code to actually set the cookie.

Also, I see that mod_auth_memcookie is hooking both
ap_hook_check_user_id and ap_hook_auth_checker.  I am currently only
hooking ap_hook_auth_checker and doing my less then ideal checking at
that point.  What exactly is the difference between the two?

What exactly I am trying to do is this:

1: Check for the magic cookie, if present check to see if it is
active, if so, OK
2: Assuming something failed above, check all the stuff I am checking
now and if all is OK, set the cookie and move on.

Sam