httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Belau <peter.be...@anchorfree.com>
Subject Re: Connection filter for forward proxy
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 03:41:20 GMT
This may be a silly question but how would I go about giving mod_proxy
some knowledge about another module which it should call if the module
is installed ? Obviously, I understand how I could hack mod_proxy itself
in order to tweak the selection but I do not understand how mod_proxy could:

1. Check for the presence of a module
2. Given that the module is present, somehow ask the module to return
the correct proxy.

Again, this all makes sense when I think of it in terms of a shared
libraries but not so much as Apache Modules. Am I missing something basic ?