httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Request Filter
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 09:30:35 GMT
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:21:15 +0200
living liquid | Christian Meisinger <c.meisinger@livingliquid.com>
wrote:

> i hope i'm at the right list
>

> i try to write a filter which can block requests.
> i copied and modified mod_authn_dbd which has already some SQL stuff.
> my problem is that i can't get any configuration settings.
> WHATEVERRequestConfig->ipCheck should be a string to a SQL query.

What you've got looks more complex than it should be (but I'm
not spending the time to go through it in detail).

1.  That's not a filter in Apache terminology.
2.  You're basically doing the same as mod_access/mod_authz_host
    but using a different lookup.
3.  mod_rewrite can already do what you're looking for.
    If you want to drive it from SQL, you can use
    RewriteMap "dbd:your-SQL-query"

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/