httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Dumpleton" <graham.dumple...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: debugging a timeout issue
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 04:23:48 GMT
2008/5/9 Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>:
> I am a one man ISV that is using an Apache and an Apache Module.  I am
> trying to trouble shoot a timeout issue that I cannot see, my customer
> is reporting the problem and he can consistently repeat the problem.
> Sometimes when the .Net 2.0 client makes a call to my Apache module,
> the .Net code times out, I am trying to figure out which side is
> having problems.  I am thinking it is a .Net, but I wanted to make
> sure that I throughly confirmed that it is not Apache.
>
> I have logged the heck out of my apache module and it never gets called.
> I have set apache's LogLevel to debug and turned on access logging,
> but I never see the request come in.  I see the first one, but not the
> second one.
>
> Is there anything else I can do to increase the logging of Apache or
> is it safe to say that the request is NOT leaving the .Net
> application?  Any suggestions on how I can absolutely confirm the
> issue is in the .Net client?

Since you see one request but not the second, one thing I would
perhaps suggest doing is turn off KeepAlive and see if that makes a
difference with the client. Maybe the application is trying to use
HTTP/1.1 request pipelining but getting something wrong and as a
result a second request over same connection is not getting passed
through correctly. Turning off KeepAlive should ensure that each
request uses a separate connection.

Graham