httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: debugging a timeout issue
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 17:08:48 GMT
Sam Carleton wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Graham Dumpleton
> <graham.dumpleton@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Since you see one request but not the second, one thing I would
>> perhaps suggest doing is turn off KeepAlive and see if that makes a
>> difference with the client.
>>

> I am wondering, I do not see the timeout bug but my customer is seeing
> it.  Does it make sense that the same client application configured
> the same way talking to Apache configured the same way might show
> different KeepAlive behavior?
>
> Sam

Especially if it is based on a different (e.g. updated) .NET framework.
The previous suggestions to utilize Wireshark or even tcpdump (if in the
*nix world) will help you check the connection.

IF the client has a network address translation or a firewall that ends
up dropping a packet, you will see that with the network trace.  (Get
both halves - from the client and from the server, and compare them).

--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>