httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Rewriting "Referer" in Input Filter
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 11:15:47 GMT
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:07:23 -0700
"Olexandr Prokhorenko" <prokhorenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ppl,
>
> I'm trying to rewrite the HTTP Referer in the Input Filter.

That sounds like a very silly thing to do!

  While it
> looks to me like I can do  apr_table_get (r->headers_in, "Referer")
> and apr_table_setn(..) in the Input Filter hook, it looks like it
> does not make any change to the request which is coming to actually a
> web site.

I expect that's because your code runs much later than you think.
In the rare cases where there's a legitimate reason to manipulate
request headers, use a request processing hook.  Or if you want to
do it the hard way, write a protocol filter.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/