httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "César Leonardo Blum Silveira" <cesa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apr_inet_pton
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 02:28:41 GMT
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Davi Arnaut <davi@apache.org> wrote:
> Cesar Silveira wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. Does anyone know why
>  > apr_inet_pton seems not to be available in the APR library's public API?
>  > By looking at the source code I have found it is only implemented on
>  > UNIX-specific files. However, I was able to take the code and simply
>  > paste and compile it on Visual Studio 2005 and it worked perfectly.
>  >
>  > I'll be really glad if anyone can provide me some input on that.
>
>  APR questions are better suited to the apr-dev mailing list. What you
>  need to do with apr_inet_pton that cannot be done with other public APR
>  functions?

Well, I need to do what apr_inet_pton does: convert and IPv6 address
from string format to binary format. I think it would be nice for APR
to offer such functionality since Windows doesn't have anything
similar to apr_inet_pton (yes, there are ways to accomplish the task
in Windows, but they all perform network communication, which results
in performance loss).

--
César L. B. Silveira