httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Olexandr Prokhorenko" <prokhore...@gmail.com>
Subject Writing Output Filter with stdio-like IO
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 23:57:32 GMT
Hi,

I've got a problem with writing an Output Filter.

The plan is the following.  I read the buckets through the brigade and write
them to the temporary file.  As soon as I'm reaching the EOS, I'm closing
the file, run an external program that performs a modification, and then I
read the file (with modified content) and want to pass the content down to
the chain through the ap_fwrite.  Everything works except the ap_fwrite, I
still get nothing passed down to the next chain (or maybe I do, but I don't
get any output for the requested URL :).

The Output Filter hook gets called two or three times before reaching the
EOS.  I believe this means that I'm going through two or three brigades.
However, it's not very clear for me what should I return during the "middle"
brigades, which are not the one which contains EOS bucket.  I'm doing return
APR_SUCCESS.

Can somebody please help me with better understanding of the process?   Any
advises and tips would be more then welcome.  Thanks.

--
Alexander Prohorenko.