httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Axel Qvist" <axelqv...@googlemail.com>
Subject Error handling in output filters
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 06:30:08 GMT
Hi,

I am developing a module containing an output filter, which will transform
the response (generated outside my module) based on a number of module
specific configuration files. These configuration files are periodically
refreshed by an external application. If there turns out to be a problem
with one of the configuration files I would like to signal to the user that
there is a problem by returning an error document.

I read in Nick's book about how to do this in handlers and input filters,
but could not find how to handle it in an output filter. In y case the
response data can not be transformed due to the error and can not be sent
without being transformed. What is the best way to handle this type of error
in an output filter?

Best regards,

Axel