httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Subra A Narayanan" <aswat...@gmail.com>
Subject MD5 hash
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:22:25 GMT
Hello all,

I have a question about the generation/verification of Content-MD5 header by
a http module.

I have written an apache module that receives files and stores them in a db
and returns file from the db when requested. My question is:

a) If the user sets the Content-MD5 header in the store request, is it my
modules responsibility to compute the MD5 hash of the request body and
verify that it matches the one in the request header? Or will apache
automatically take care of it.

b) If I set the ContentDigest directive to 'On' in the httpd.conf file, I
thought it will automatically send the Content-MD5 header with my module's
response to a get request. Bu thats not happening either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Have a great weekend!

Subra