httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Pool cleanups on Windows Server 2008
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:04:55 GMT
César Leonardo Blum Silveira wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 1:18 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
> <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> César Leonardo Blum Silveira wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The application we develop at the company where I work is presenting
>>> some problems in Windows Server 2008. Basically, the pplication
>>> consists of a bunch of Apache modules that serves our purposes. For
>>> what we have observed so far, pool cleanups reigstered for the server
>>> pool in the post config hook are not always run on restart events. It
>>> seems to be totally random: sometimes the cleanups are run, sometimes
>>> not.
>>>
>>  Can you define "restart"?
>
> Sorry. It's on -k restart.

Then are you certain these are not run?  The reason I ask is that there are
two sets of cleanups...

   * in the parent process, the process pool cleanup will not run till the
     server is entirely stopped.  The others should run normally.

   * in the old child process, the cleanups will not run until the various
     requests have completed.  This means the new child's setups should be
     expected to run before the old child process cleanups are run.