httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Kukuchka <chr...@sequoiagroup.com>
Subject Re: need some help with module that does not work on linux
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:27:55 GMT
Aivars Šterns wrote:
> Yes, but this is not how apache could handle this, we need argv[], but there
> is no way to get this from apache right?

In server/main.c, argv gets linked to the process_rec structure during
the process startup.  Further, according to include/httpd.h, the
process_rec structure can be reached through the request_rec structure
(r->connection->server->process).  As such, argv[] should be available
for reading most anywhere in Apache.

As far as the safety of making changes to those values is concerned, I
have no advise beyond, "proceed with caution."  Especially if you intend
on placing raw request data there.

Regards,

Chris Kukuchka
Sequoia Group, Inc.