httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Marco Spinetti <m.spine...@pisa.iol.it>
Subject Temporary pool
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:22:11 GMT
I have a question/problem about the temporary pool of post config.
In my module I have the directive:

static void register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
{
    ap_hook_post_config(initialize_mymodule, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
}

In the function initialize_mymodule() I need to allocate a temporary big
apr_table (1,5GB): so I tried to use ptemp which I read in nick' book
should be used for temporary allocation. I supposed that that memory
should be freed at the end of post config.
But if I see the memory allocation of each child (with top) I see that
that memory is not freed.
Maybe I'm doing some mistakes.
Could you give me a help?
Best regards