httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Lewis <...@joe-lewis.com>
Subject Re: Multiple instances of same browser to same server-what happens?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:27:04 GMT
Souramita Sen wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Greetings!!
>
> I need to confirm the following.
>

> When we connect to same server in mutiple browser windows (say IE) almost at
> the same time, how does the browser application distinguish the responses and
> display it in proper window? Is this based on some information which HTTP
> response header keeps for distinguishing the response? If so, what is that
> information?
>

> Or, does the browser create different sockets to the same server at the same
> time.
>
> If so, then based on distination client port number it knows which response
> corresponds to which request and display it properly.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Souramita.
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If
you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete
this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole
or in part is strictly prohibited.
> E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses
and defects. While MindTree Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks,
MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating
either from within MindTree or outside.
> Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for
any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
> MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to
or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
on the MindTree e-mail system or else where.

Souramita Sen;

Here is your reading assignment :

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616.html
http://www.google.com/search?q=http+socket+programming
http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/

Any additional questions on how TCP sockets work should be asked with
reference to apache module development, since this is what this list is
for, not HTTP definitions.
--
Joseph Lewis <http://sharktooth.org/>