httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Schulze ...@bytecamp.net>
Subject Re: what should be done in a vhost_db module?
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 08:12:18 GMT
Hi,

ed schrieb:

> I'm not sure that I understand what you're doing here by creating
> virtual hosts on the fly,

I mean, on request basis (from a db).
So what I wanted to know is, whether there are any hints, what a
mod_vhost_??? module is supposed to do (or set).

I'm now setting r->server->server_hostname by allocating space from
r->server->process->pool so I hope I have fixed the memory issues.

> Are you doing this to save memory?

This is one important fact - it saves a huge amount of memory with
several thousands of virtualhosts.
One more interesting thing is, that apache does not need to be restarted
when adding domains :-)

Rob