httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Morris <supp...@bettercgi.com>
Subject Re: Functions run when configuration file is read
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 19:28:27 GMT
> That was the idea I had, but it seems it is a brand new run
> of all my code, thus the variable values are lost and re-initialized.

  Page 23 of Nick's book talks about the configuration
being read twice - once while the server is running as
root, to make sure that the configuration is valid,
then again as Apache goes into operational mode as
user "nobody" or "apache".

   Also look into the preconfiguration and postconfiguration
hooks, mentioned on page 66, as well as the monitor hook.
I'm not knowledgeable enough to give you a solid answer, but
this information may provide the "hint" you need to be able
to get it figured out.
--
Ray B. Morris
support@bettercgi.com