httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Pitchaimani Muthuveeran" <pm...@msys-tech.com>
Subject Re: ap_internal_redirect
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:12:33 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "karim Bendadda" <kakibend@gmail.com>
To: <modules-dev@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: ap_internal_redirect

> Hi,
>
>  Try using the *mod_proxy* to do this . Something like that:
>
> On your module:   *ap_internal_redirect("/Test",The request);*
>
> And on your configuration file: *ProxyPass  /Test  @ExternalServer*
>
> that redirects your internal request to an external server...
>
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Pitchaimani Muthuveeran <
> pmani@msys-tech.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nick,
>>
>> I just want to redirect an internal request to an external server by
>> replacing the incoming host-name to the real external server host name.
>>
>> I do also want to process the response via the chain ....
>> DEFLATE->MY_FILTER--->INFLATE.
>>
>> Since mod_deflate skips the filter process after identifying that the
>> request is not main request. This stops me in processing the response
>> from
>> MY_FILTER.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mani

Hi Karim,

I need to redirect to the incoming requests to an external server
dynamically(The logic for deciding the external server is present in the
third-party external application- based on the arguments present in the
incoming requests).

I guess static redirect won't work here.

I am parsing the request in post_read_request, to collect the arguments and
getting external-server name from the third party external application and
redirect the request to external host.

Any other suggestions!

Thanks,
Mani