httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject Re: Access checker not setting environment after RewriteRule
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 04:40:57 GMT
On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 20:56:03 -0400
>  "Sam Carleton" <scarleton@miltonstreet.com> wrote:
>
>  [why access checker for this function?]

I didn't really know where else to put it, had not done my reading,
which I just got done with now;)  Looks like I should add an
type_checker hook and if it is a PHP file, setup the environment for
the PHP code.

>  > This works fine while the url was something simple like this:
>  >
>  > http://localhost/index.php?fldoid=258a2b0a-b413-4815-8bf6-fbe6c2a9760d
>  >
>  > I want to start using some rewrite rules, to leverage browser caching,
>  > so I changed the URL to:
>  >
>  > http://localhost/category/258a2b0a-b413-4815-8bf6-fbe6c2a9760d
>
>  Um, what browser is so broken as to let that affect it?

I *thought* browsers cached at the page level, not at the parameter
level, in other words I thought that as the fldoid changed, the
browser would still simply see that as index.php.  So I though that by
making it look like folders, the browsers would cache it better.

>  The RewriteRule triggers an internal redirect.  Since you put it in
>  a <directory>, that happens after the access checker.  The
>  subprocess_env vars you set remain with the original request_rec.

After some thought, I had a feeling that was what was going on;)

Question, how do I make sure that my type_checker gets put in front of
the PHP type_checker, if there is one?  Is my impression correct that
it should be wired in like this:

ap_hook_type_checker(my_type_checker, NULL, "php5_module", APR_HOOK_FIRST);

And it should ALWAYS return DECLINED?

Sam